Herschede Haverford Tubular Chime Grandfather Clock
Herschede made extremely high quality clocks. There are very few mass produced clocks that are better, and even fewer that are American made. By 1960 almost all grandfather clock manufacturers including Seth Thomas, Colonial, Ridgeway and Pearl were using German movements. While Herschede did use German movements in their less expensive clocks, the company continued to manufacture high quality tubular chime movements until it ceased building clocks in 1984. This beautiful clock was made in Mississippi in the 1970’s.
The features of the Haverford (model 294) include the following:
- The highest quality nine-tube movement Herschede made
- Choice of three chimes: Westminster, Whittington, and Canterbury (a Herschede exclusive)
- Nine symphony-quality nickel-plated brass chime tubes
- Hand engraved dial that is plated in 14 karat gold
- Swan neck pediment
- Carved finial, pillars, and corner decorations
- Book matched burl overlay on the plinth
- Dimensions are approximately 84" high X 27" wide X 15" deep
- Two-year limited Warranty
Available in-store only.